Today’s Halloween recipe is called Martian Monsters. These are absolutely adorable and oh so fun! Just be sure to set a couple aside for yourself because once people taste these, they’re gonna go fast!
- 1 dozen cupcake (prepared according to recipe on the box)
- 1 can of vanilla icing
- Food Coloring (any color you prefer)
- Chow mein noodles
- 24 pretzels sticks
- 24 mini marshmallows
- Black food gel for writing
- Cupcake liners
1. Prepare the cupcakes according to the recipe on the box, but make sure to use cupcake liners.
2. Allow the cupcakes to cool, then ice the tops. You only need a thin layer.
3. Insert 2 pretzels in each cupcake. These will act as the base for the eyes.
4. Insert chow mein noodles in random places on each cupcake. You want them pointing in different directions.
5. Place the cupcakes in the freezer for 10 minutes.
6. Scoop the remaining icing into a small but deep bowl and microwave for 10 seconds at a time. You want it to be somewhat soupy.
7. Mix in food coloring (whatever color you prefer). Make sure to mix it well.
8. Remove the cupcakes from the freezer and gently submerge the tops (upside down) into the colored icing. Carefully shake off the extra icing. Do this with all of the remaining cupcakes and place them into the freezer again for 10 more minutes.
9. Using a sharp knife, make a hole in the bottom of each marshmallow. This will help them slide in place easier.
10. Take the cupcakes out of the freezer and slide the marshmallows onto the pretzel sticks.
11. Using black writing gel (or a food coloring marker), add pupils to each marshmallow.